Business Technology Consultant - Cape Town
If you are passionate about improving the way people work using technology, this is your opportunity to be the key advisor to our customers.
If you have excellent understanding and experience of Modern Workplace and Cloud Productivity solutions you would excel in this job. A Business Technology Consultant (BTC) understands the challenges our customers face as cloud and emerging technologies enable digital transformation of their organisation. This role offers incredible opportunity to accelerate your career by driving business impact that can change the future.
We’re looking for someone to lead engagements with a business focused approach but has a solid technology background. We need you to effectively translate business needs into technology solutions that meet these needs. You will work with a delivery team, deliver these technology solutions and manage the delivery lifecycle with the client to ensure successful delivery.
Key Focus Areas
- Deliver showcase sessions to prospects or customers enabling the discovery of relevant solutions.
- Investigate existing or new solutions for customers.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings, take notes and document discussions, and identify requirements throughout these interactions with customers.
- Work with the delivery team design solutions for customers based on their business requirements.
- Create solution design and functional specification documentation.
- Develop functional specifications that detail the functional elements of the customer solutions.
- Develop a test plan that ensures solutions are thoroughly tested.
- Review functional specifications and test plans to ensure that deliverables match requirements throughout the build process.
- Build solutions independently or in conjunction with the customer.
- Interactively build solutions in consultation with clients and as part of the delivery team.
- Solution testing to ensure the correct and logical working of the solution.
- Manage testing results and changes to ensure the delivery of a high-quality solution.
- Create a change and adoption plan to ensure people are aware of the solution delivery.
- Create concise and high-quality user guidance documentation as part of facilitating training and roll-out of solutions.
- Train users on system use and gather feedback for refinement for future phases.
- Manage the entire delivery lifecycle with clients keeping the client informed during the process.
- Support key stakeholders and solution users in conjunction with the delivery team.
Qualifications and Experience
- 5+ years of related business and technical experience working as part of team in the following areas: Productivity, Office 365, SharePoint and related cloud productivity technologies.
- Any experience with Microsoft Business Applications such as Dynamics 365, Power Apps, and Flow is an advantage.
- Client-facing business and technical analysis and / or consulting experience.
- Bachelor degree or diploma is required.
- Digital Transformation Driver. Ability to break out of IT to Engage Business Decision Makers (BDMs) as well as Technical Decision Makers.
- Excellent Communicator. Strong negotiation, organizational, presentation, financial acumen, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Highly driven person who consistently exceeds goals and expectations and has the ability, characteristics, and determination to compete effectively against skilled and diverse competition.
- Work cohesively with members of the team & partners.
- Growth Mindset. Willing to continue nurturing and developing potential.
- Leader: Demonstrated consulting and / or customer management experience.
- Influential: Experience delivering persuasive presentations to business decision makers.
- Independence: The ability to self-manage within a set of team goals.
- Quality: Strive to deliver the best possible outcome.
- Own vehicle & valid driver’s license required.
A Microsoft Gold Partner with a focus on the Modern Workplace and Cloud Productivity. We partner with our customers to provide industry leading solutions and technology to transform the way they work. We are passionate about leading innovation in the workplace and ensuring efficiency.