customer support engineer
The IT Customer Support Engineer is responsible for timeously addressing escalated and high priority tickets assigned to a high quality standard.
Key Focus Areas
- Proactively shares knowledge within the team
- Supports fellow team members to ensure the team succeeds collectively
- Progressing requests assigned to you timeously and in line with internal Service Delivery Processes.
- Complete and resolve requests while ensuring a positive customer experience within agreed Service Level Objectives (SLO) through:
- Maintaining technical and security standards of customers’ IT infrastructure in line with best practise as well as internal standards and procedures.
- Ensuring proactive, concise and professional communication to keep the stakeholder (internal and external) updated on progress, actions taken, next steps and expectations
- Ensure punctual commencement of remote and onsite scheduled engagements
- Maintain internal technical and procedural documentation standards
Qualifications and Experience
- MCSE/MCSA (Minimum 2012)
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in IT Customer Service environment
- Minimum 5 years’ Infrastructure experience in an IT services company
- Advanced DC facilities
- Advanced Networking experience
- Advanced Microsoft Server infrastructure experience
- Advanced Exchange and Office 365 experience
- Advanced experience with Server Backup technologies
- Advanced experience working with Infrastructure management tools
- Own transport and valid Driver’s license
- Ability to work after hours
- Ability to work stand by