Syspro Support Analyst - Cape Town
If you are a go-getter with an eager learning spirit who loves collaboration, we have an IT support team in need of your Syspro expertise.
Working within our IT team, The Support Analyst is responsible for being the main point of contact for receiving incoming support requests for SYSPRO and associated software products. Responsibilities include but are not limited to thoroughly documenting problems/questions/requests, developing test plans / report writing and troubleshooting.
Key Focus Areas
- Support both front and back end of the SYSPRO ERP Application including accounting, distribution and associated reporting services
- Troubleshoot requests and follow appropriate procedures
- In conjunction with the IT help-desk, responsible for the timeous resolution of SYSPO support queries, including liaising with SYSPRO and 3rd party vendors.
- Responsible for the prioritisation of all SYSPRO report requests and the upgrade of existing reports using SSRS.
- First point of contact for report related queries and troubleshooting.
- Escalation point for Finance related queries.
- In conjunction with the department managers, reviewing existing departmental processes and ensuring that such processes are updated or optimise.
- Assist when required with testing and implementation of SYSPRO port upgrades.
- Ownership of the report writing structures and access to information process.
Qualifications and Experience
- Financial Background essential.
- Accounting Knowledge (either qualification or practical experience)
- SYSPRO certification beneficial
- SYSPRO Administration experience.
- Microsoft SQL and SYSPRO Report writing
- Crystal Report writing
- Tableau BI or Microsoft Power-BI Experience beneficial.
- Analytical, good technical skills, identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully and uses initiative to improve processes. Works well in group problem solving situations and uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Requires excellent knowledge of MS-SQL server, SSRS Reporting, Crystal reports, VB scripting, Excel and Power-BI, Windows servers, and desktop operating systems including Microsoft Office products
- Understand businesses processes, regardless of whether the process falls into Finance, Procurement or Distribution.
- Be technically aware with a good understanding of Microsoft SQL Server and Programing Technologies.
- Up to date with Syspro ERP systems.
- Communication skills to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
- Have the drive and commitment to continue professional development and train others within the business to impart their ERP knowledge for the future sustainability of the business.
Being a leading furniture & homeware retailer in South Africa, we’ve built our brand on four pillars: sustainability, design, value & quality. Our business is inspired by these values in every step and every team to ensure we deliver quality products.